Friday, March 28, 2014

Immigraniada!

    


    Gogol Bordello is a Gipsy punk band from the Lower East Side of New York and formed in 1999. One of most known features of this band are their theatrical and frenetic presentations. Each members is from a different country, but the most of them are immigrants from the Eastern Europe.

   This video was created as a manifestation to promove immigrant's rights and caught my attention because it show us people from different countries living in the same place and working in jobs with low remunerations per their condition of immigrants. Also we can see how these people can live in communion despite their own manners and culture, which reveal us a good example of tolerance and diversity.

   To be honest, I love this song and for this reason I chose it, but I'd never considered the message which this video was trying to send to the audience until now. As members of society that we are, I think respect to others is really important for living together in community. Therefore I believe this initiative is a call to protect immigrant's rights, but not only of them, also rights of all minorities in any society.

    I hope you enjoy this great song!



1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of this band before, but I found the fact that it is conformed only by inmigrants very interesting.
    I have always thought that minorities should stand together to defend their rights because that's the only way they can be heard. And I think that this was portrayed in the video, so I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete