Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Time runs too fast! ...at least for me





Hi guys! This is one of my favourite songs and I wanted to share it with you. It was written by Julian Casablancas, vocalist of The Strokes –I can’t hide how surprised I am- and the video was directed by Samuel Bayer . 

           As we can see, the video is not very impressive –except for the shootings from rooftops of skyscrapers for those who are acrophobic-. We have no colours, just black and white. A lot of people walk very fast on their own meanwhile a guy is stuck on the floor.  Maybe that is why I like it, it is simple and accurate. We live everyday like the others, the same routine. We don’t look to people by our side, we are complete strangers in places where we don’t fit sometimes.  We move fast without enjoying what we do, because if we don’t hurry up, the mass will catch us. We are going to get caught and that is what the song wants to tell us. We are caught and we need to break free somehow. In a world where everything is a competition, in no one we trust. 

           Some people just like the way they live, maybe they enjoy the modern times and they will  say this video is exaggerating and exempting good things that modernity brings us. Some people enjoy living in the city and its accelerated pulse but not everybody likes the same things. 

I just want to finish with two verses of the song:
             "...See I'm stuck in a city
              But I belong in a field..."

And I've got a little question for you... Where do you think you belong to? 
              I hope you enjoy the song, greetings !

2 comments:

  1. Moyra! I like that song too :) and I share completely what you said. What is happening with us? We are moving so fast that we don't see the things we have around us!
    I belong in a field :) in my precious south of Chile, with my beautiful rain <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moyra Good video! I totally agree with your subject, for it is true that we have lost communication. For it is only to see the city of Santiago or large cities and nobody cares about others only care about themselves. I loved the music and video :)

    ReplyDelete