Thursday, March 27, 2014

We only got one world.

Hello everyone, 

I have picked this video called Where is the love from the pop group, The Black Eyed Peas, and I know that most of you already know it.
This song focus on one of the minorities that you can find in the USA, like discrimination, terrorism (The Bloods, The Crips and the KKK), the intolerance, the disrespect to the other, selfishness and the inequiality. All this entails hate, anger and ire, that keeps the love off. So that is the reason of the name of the song, Where is the love? 

This is the question that we all make when we see this madness and that those horrible things are happening in our world, where people hurts the other without thinking in the consequences.
This 3 groups that I already mentioned are an example of the violence. The KKK (Ku Klux Klan) is a gang very extremist with white nacionalist racism and they committed acts of violence against African-American people. 

I really like the song and the first time I saw it I felt very emotional, because I was little and I was getting to know that the world has a bad side too.
I like that the video shows images that complements the lyric of the song. Always searching for the love, putting this papers with the symbol: ?

This song also criticised the media, saying that it does not show us the truth and also the cinema that influences the kids. And I agree whit that, cause the media shows us lots of things and hide a lot of things too. In the other part the movies open the minds of the children, so they act like what they see.
It is hard to make a change when you find all this mess. But we that knows that this is not alright, have to start know making a change by different ways. Little things can change big things, I always think.

So I start thinking, we all should take care and be respectful with the other, love the other, because he is your brother. Where is the unity and the fairness of the people. 
Like the song says,


"you gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of yur mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all"



Hope that you have enjoyed it! 

2 comments:

  1. The first time I heard this song I was about 8 years old. I liked it a lot because of its rhythm. But once I understood its message I liked it even more. I was just a little girl but the lyrics touched my heart.
    At that time, I didn’t know about discrimination, racism, stereotypes and stuff like that. And this song showed me that the whole world is infected with a bit of this and even the mass media don’t help to fix it. I really like this song!
    Good Choice! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to the fact that exist many different ethnic groups, people are trying to make a difference between them, as a result, the only way that they found it was using the violence to build a barrier between each other do not allow them to share their culture. On the contrary, we should be bridging the gap between their differences and helping them to avoid those violent situations. What is more, using a well-known pop band to send this message it is a great idea to have a huge impact in many audiences as possible.

    ReplyDelete